General Conditions of Sale
(1) The execution of all orders and contracts is subject to contingencies beyond our control and we cannot be responsible for any delay, damage or loss whatsoever arising from War, Government requisitions of any kind, lock-outs, fire, floods, accident, failure of any Third Party to supply us, or anything directly or indirectly interfering with the raw materials, manufacture, supply, shipment, arrival to delivery of goods. All tenders and/or quotations are based upon present costs of production, transport charges and manufacturer’s prices. In the event of our being called upon to meet any advance in the price of raw materials, wages, transport etc., we reserve the right to increase our prices.
(2) Any query with regard to the material supplies should be raised within 7 days from receipt of invoice.
(3) In the case of non-payment of any account when due, the sellers reserve the right to stop any further deliveries until all arrears are paid, or to cancel any contract as to all or pay parts of future deliveries.
(4) Where delivery is to be effected to job, it is understood that the site must be safe for lorry loads of materials and of easy access and that every assistance must be given for the prompt unloading of such loading.
(5) Free on quay (F.O.Q.) Alderney supplies, it is understood unless otherwise requested, that patrons will make their own arrangements for collection from the quay. This should be actioned as soon as possible to avoid congestion at the harbour and possible pilferage.
(6) No warranty, express or implied, is given as to the life or wear of goods supplied, nor that they will be suitable for any particular purpose or for use under specific conditions, not withstanding that such purpose or conditions may be made known to the seller.
No liability can be accepted for any consequential loss or damage whatsoever. In the case of other maker’s specialities supplied by us our liability is limited to that accepted by the makers thereof.
(7) Special Orders of non standard stock lines, where suppliers specify we regret cancellation of orders once placed is not acceptable.
(8) The ownership of the materials to be supplied by Alderney Gravel Co.Ltd trading as Blanchard, will only be transferred to the purchaser when he has met all that is owing to Alderney Gravel Co.Ltd. T/A Blanchard no matter on what grounds. Until the date of payment the purchaser if Alderney Gravel Co.Ltd T/A Blanchard so desires, is required to store the materials in such a way that is clearly the property of Alderney Gravel Co.Ltd. T/A Blanchard.
(9) Purchase of goods from the Alderney Gravel Co.Ltd. trading as Blanchard is an unqualified acceptance of all the above terms.
Settlement Terms : Nett Monthly.
Extended Credit Surcharge, at our discretion 2½% per month will be charged on overdue accounts.